MacBook Air Contest
TMUG announces a new membership contest.
The prize for the contest is a new Apple 11″ MacBook Air (or Apple product of equivalent value available at the end of the contest).
TMUG’s MacBook Air contest concluded at the May 14 meeting. We met our goal of 50 new & renewing members after the April meeting.
The winner of the MacBook Air is Fred Lampe. Fred won with ticket number 369389. He had 14 of the 445 entries, and was among 60 other TMUG members participating in the contest. Congratulations Fred!
- • If you renew your membership or join TMUG – you earn a point (only once during the contest).
- (TMUG memberships expire if membership dues are in arrears and unpaid for sixty days.)
- (Renewing or joining members are not required to attend a meeting to earn a point.)
- • If you are a member & you attend a TMUG monthly meeting – you earn a point for each meeting attended.
- • If you bring a guest who joins TMUG – you earn a point (for each person who joins).
- (Your guest earns a point for joining TMUG, & she / he may earn additional points as members going forward.)
- • If your guest joins at the 1st meeting attended – you earn another point.
- • If you register on the TMUG web site’s Forum – you earn a point.
- (Any TMUG member who has registered on tmug.org since the site went on-line in July, 2011 has earned a point.)
- • If you participate in an Apple, Mac, iOS, or TMUG related forum post (either a new topic or a reply) – you earn a point.
- (Maximum of 1 point per month. Off topic posts do not earn points.)
- • A logbook will be available at the monthly meeting for members to sign to record meeting attendance. Data from the logbook & from the tmug.org web site stats will be compiled in a spreadsheet to calculate members’ points.
- • Each member is responsible for confirming that his / her points have been correctly logged for each month.
- • Each monthly meeting Monday will begin a new “month” for the contest. The month will end at midnight on the Sunday preceding the meeting day.
- • Each point earned will be considered an entry in the contest.
- • The contest begins on September 12, 2011, and will end after we reach the goal of 50 new or renewing members or the April 9, 2012 TMUG meeting, whichever comes later.
- • Accrual of points for membership renewal or joining TMUG will begin with the October 10, 2011 TMUG meeting.
- • Accrual of forum post points will begin with the October 10, 2011 TMUG meeting.
- • Accrual of member attendance points will begin with the October 10, 2011 TMUG meeting.
- • A drawing to determine the winner will be held from all of the entries accumulated at the end of the contest. The contest winner may choose to upgrade the prize; however, the winner is responsible for any expenses greater than the original value of the prize (~$1000).
- • Any questions regarding the rules or administration of the contest should be directed to the TMUG officers. (Use the Contact form.)
TMUG membership attending the September 12, 2011 meeting approved the allocation of funds from the treasury to purchase the prize for the contest.
Rules for the contest were drafted September 12 – 30, 2011, and were approved September 30, 2011 by TMUG officers. Rules were edited for clarity November 18 & 29, 2011.